Hello from Switzerland

What is your microscopy history? What are your interests? What equipment do you use?
Automizer

Hello from Switzerland

#1 Post by Automizer » Sat May 04, 2024 9:49 pm

Hello from Switzerland, everybody!

I am a software developer but got into microscopy a few years ago. I started with a cheap Bresser microscope and asked myself if it is possible to make some hard and software which is able to control the microscope slide. After learing a bit of CAD (onshape) i was able to model and 3D print the required hardware parts for a few different microscopes. The software part on the other hand was not much of a problem but i still learned to tackle some more low-level problems, since i usually am a high level developer.

I also am learing a lot about diy and i bought many old microscopes that i disasembled and customized parts for.

This picture shows my little 'collection'.
From left to right: Olympus MIC-S (1989), Olympus HSB (1968), Cheap Ali-Express Microscope (i upgraded the objectives though), Small old HOC microscope, Olympus MIC-S, cheap ali express microscope (with non 20mm objective threads unfortunatly)
I keep you up to date about my software. It is not quite finished yet but a first realesable version might be ready soon. Still i am working on it on my free time and therefore cannot tell when it is finished. I will release as a free software as soon as it is finished.
If anyone needs some small 3D printed plastic parts i may be able to help out.

Best

MichaelG.

Re: Hello from Switzerland

#2 Post by MichaelG. » Sun May 05, 2024 7:11 am

Welcome, Automizer !

I shall be very interested to see your control software.

MichaelG.
Too many 'projects'