Hello from Helsinki, Finland!

What is your microscopy history? What are your interests? What equipment do you use?
Kynsönen

Hello from Helsinki, Finland!

#1 Post by Kynsönen » Wed May 08, 2024 11:29 am

Hi all!

Last christmas my wife bought me a nice Bresser Bino Researcher -microscope for a gift that I was inspired to ask by the great Microbehunter Youtube-videos. For the past months I've been trying to make time to play with it and now that winter is finally passing, there's also more interesting nature stuff to look at.

My other hobbies include photography and art in general, so I'm quite interested in finding out what possibilities microscopic images bring. Taking photos of things under the microscope can quite literally be the crossroad between art and science.

Anyhow, hope to see and share interesting microscopic things here with you all! :)

p.s. Here's my very first, unassuming microscopic photo. It is a tick that was found lunching on my dog.

Automizer

Re: Hello from Helsinki, Finland!

#2 Post by Automizer » Wed May 08, 2024 8:18 pm

Hi Kynsönen

Nice to meet you. I also have a dog and she's catching a lot of ticks in the summertime :)

Leitzcycler

Re: Hello from Helsinki, Finland!

#3 Post by Leitzcycler » Thu May 09, 2024 5:46 am

Terve from Kitee, Finland

Nice to have you here. Despite formally profiled as an hobbyist forum, the real professionals are here.

Keep in touch

Mika